The Krysta Hankee Memorial Fund was established in 2007 in Krysta’s memory. The Fund wishes to present a monetary award in the amount of $2,000.00 to one full time 1st or 2nd year LCCC student (male or female) displaying high academic achievement and currently enrolled at LCCC. The selection committee will select a student who demonstrates a desire to develop his or her leadership skills through campus and/or community involvement and service.
Please note: Applicants considering transfer to a 4 year institution who have already completed a semester or two at LCCC, also qualify for this award.
The selection committee considers having a part time or full time job as “community involvement”.
APPLYING FOR THIS AWARD IS EASY – see directions below.
Directions for Application: Complete application online and submit.
- Recommendations should be completed, emailed or mailed to addresses listed on form.
- Applications & recommendations must be completed & received on or before March 15, 2015.
- All information is considered confidential for use by the scholarship selection committee only.
- Award notification will be sent to the award recipient & college administrators.
- Award presentation time & location will be selected by college administrators.
- $2,000.00 in four payments of five hundred dollars ($500.00) over 2 years unless otherwise adapted due to transfer to four year college.
- Based on a continuing strong academic standing
- Congratulatory letter and $500.00 check presented at award presentation
- Name placed on the Krysta Hankee Memorial Scholarship Plaque at LCCC
Upon completion of each of the following three semesters, the recipient is then required to:
- Submit their final grades after each semester for review by the Scholarship Committee
- Submit a letter outlining the highlights and educational experiences of the completed semester
- Letter to include plans for the upcoming semester
- After a favorable review by the committee a $500 check will be awarded to the student.
This award shall be presented to one full time LCCC student (male or female) currently enrolled at Lehigh Carbon Community College and otherwise meet the award criteria who has:
- currently enrolled as a full time student at LCCC.
- attained high academic achievement.
- demonstrated effective leadership qualities.
- made worthy contributions to the community.
- submitted an essay to the award committee (300 words or less)
- presented a recommendation from a community member.
- presented a recommendation from a member of the LCCC educational staff.